New day, different game

By Tyreye Morris, Reporter

The Boys Basketball Team’s last two games had two completely different outcomes, beating Glenbrook South 44-42 Feb. 4, then losing to Bogan 70-49 two days later.

As the season continued into post season play, the team has shown many signs of improvement.

The important win against Glenbrook South reflected positively on the team’s ability to play defense within the final minutes of games. However the big losses, like the game dropped at Bogan, have continued to pile up.

The boys have had many games this year that have relied on their defense’s stance, and their ability to finish strong with the clock winding down.

Due to the clutch win against Glenbrook, energy was high walking into Bogan as they were committed to upsetting one of the top basketball programs in CPS, ranked 21th in state according to Sun Times’ Michael O’Brien. However, high hopes were not enough to come out victorious in this matchup.

Sophomore Johnny Columbo, Div. 950, has played consistent minutes for Lane throughout the season, and sticks to one philosophy regardless of the outcomes of each game.

“Just forget about the last game we played, and just keep on working,” Columbo said.

But with the season coming to an end and no more conference games scheduled, the team is in last place in the Red-North Conference. The threat of moving down in conference is real, and could potentially lead to Lane playing a new list of conference opponents in the lower White Conference next season.

Regardless of the conference challenges that might arise next season, Lane looks to finish the year strong in the competition for the Class 4A State Tournament, which releases its seeding Feb. 16.