Bully Prevention Walk

By Kendall Hill, Editor-in-Chief

Lane held its first annual anti-bully walk on Wednesday, Oct. 22, during division, 2nd, and 3rd period. With a turnout of about 150 students and faculty, bully prevention has been made known throughout the school walls.

The walk started in the auditorium with a speech from Dr. Dignam followed by a bully prevention video made by Lettermen Club. The walk ended with orange balloons being released in the stadium and the band playing songs.

To some students, the walk was just the first step towards complete bully prevention.

Amira Nukic, Div. 572, said that the walk was something that Lane needed to do.

“I experienced bullying when I was younger and I feel we should stand up to it,” Nukic said.

When Nukic was younger, she had to transfer schools due to students who targeted her.

“I couldn’t speak English very well and they even made a ‘I hate Amira’ facebook page. It was traumatizing,” Nukic said. “To prevent bullying, seek help. Tell an adult. Because bottling it up inside just makes it worst.”

Teachers also believe bullying is still a problem and that prevention needs to be taken more seriously within schools.

“I think it’s awesome to see kids coming out and showing that their standing up against bullying,” Mr. Solin, a Computer Science teacher, said.

Growing up, Solin was bullied. Though it happened in middle school, Solin  still remembers the incidents. He believes that all techniques for bully prevention is important.

“Actively doing something about it can make a difference,” Solin said.